Welcome Back from Spring Break!
Let the count down begin! It’s hard to believe it but summer is almost here. So much to celebrate in the next few weeks before the pool opens and now is the time to start thinking about… SUMMER CAMPS AND PROGRAMS.
In its second year, Village Arts Summer Theatre (V.A.S.T.) is a summer theatre intensive program that has expanded, due to parent and student feedback, to include rising 7th through graduated 12th graders. Typically, students have participated in musical theatre programming during the school year however beginner students are welcome! All students gain confidence and learn the discipline of putting on a musical theatre production! Master Classes will also be offered along with Special Guest Artists on Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance, Vocal Technique and Costuming/Make-up!
Shrek The Musical Jr
DATES: June 8 through June 21
Week 1: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Week 2: 1:00pm – 5:00pm Sat 6/20 11:00am-5:00pm Tech Day
Final Performance: Sunday 6/21
In its fourth year, this popular summer camp is a wonderful learning opportunity for rising 3rd through 6th graders. Students gain confidence and learn the discipline of putting on a musical theatre production! Master Classes will be offered along with Special Guest Artists on Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance, Puppetry, Vocal Technique and Costuming/Make-up!
Disney’s Aladdin KIDS (2015-16 school year)
DATES: June 1- June 12
Week 1: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Week 2: 9:00am-12:00pm
Final Performance: Friday 6/12.
**TUITION INCREASE AFTER MAY 1 — SIGN UP TODAY!**
What Group and Private Lessons Does IHPA Offer?
- Primary Young Actors Art, Act & Create! – Session 3
- Middle School Acting in Musical Theatre – Spring Session 3
- Elementary School Musical Theatre – Friday – Spring Session 3
- Elementary School Acting – Wednesday – Spring Session 3
- Primary K-2 Intro to Dance – Friday – Spring Session 3
- Saxophone private/small group lessons with Kevin Norton
- Private String Lessons with Bob Browning
- Private/Group Flute Lessons with Angela DeMoss
- Private Piano Lessons With Mimi Goel
- Piano lessons with Stephen Crisp
- Piano-Advanced with William Menefield
- Guitar- Beginner/Advanced with Richard Wimmer
- Clarinet lessons/private and small group with Krista Weiss
- Beginner Violin with Caitlin Stokes
- Piano Lessons with Tyler Grave
- Band/Orchestra-Brass Instrument (Trumpet & Trombone) with Tyler Grave
- Band/Orchestra- Trombone, Baritone and Tuba with Gary Langhorst
- Band/Orchestra Instrument- Brass Trumpet/Trombone/Tuba with Richard Wimmer
- Private Voice/Musical Theatre Coaching with Xan Jeffery
- Private Voice/Musical Theatre Coaching with Stephen Crisp
- Private Voice/Musical Theatre Coaching with Marcus Shields
- Private Voice/Musical Theatre Coaching with Kimberly Buczek
- Private Voice/Musical Theatre with Jackie Stevens
- Private Musical Theatrical Acting with Stephen Crisp
- Private Acting/Scene Study/Musical Theatre Coaching with Bethany Jeffery
- Private Acting Lessons Acting & Musical Theatre – for ES students
This Month’s Featured IHPA Educator
Lindsay Spreng – IHPA Academy K-2 Intro to Dance, Lindsay Spreng is a native of Cincinnati. She grew up dancing and performing in the West Chester and Middletown areas. Her ballet training is in Cecchetti, Vaganova, and RAD. She earned her BFA in Dance from Wright State University, training in the disciplines of ballet, jazz, tap and modern in the Horton, Graham and Cunningham techniques. Recently, Lindsay earned her Masters Degree in Academic Advising from Kansas State University. She has been lucky to continue her dance training over the years by attending dance teacher seminars, a variety of classes at Broadway Dance Center and Steps in New York City, and attended the 2006, 2008, and 2010 Jazz Dance World Congress, taking classes from teachers and choreographers such as Ray Leeper, Joe Tremaine, and Nan Giordano. Lindsay has been teaching dance and choreographing for various studios, groups and shows for the past fourteen years. Her professional performing credits include: Damn Yankees (Company/Featured dancer), Sayonara (Takarazuka dancer/Company), West Side Story (Consuela), and A Grand Holiday (Company). Her professional musical theatre choreography credits include: Hello Dolly, Anything Goes, Schoolhouse Rock Live, The Wiz, Bye Bye Birdie, and most recently Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Mulan for Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy. Lindsay currently lives in West Chester with her son Carter. Lindsay is excited to be joining Indian Hills Performing Arts Academy!
What Parents Are Saying About IHPA…
“What an awesome, enriching organization you all have created in our community! Every community offers a full range of public and private sports teams, but having an academy of professionals to help our children develop their artistic gifts is rare and makes Indian Hill and the surrounding communities even more special places to call home. Our children will be more well-rounded and lead richer lives as a result. Kudos!” – Gary Hudson
“I want to let IHPA know that the Arts are important and do make a difference! Children play soccer, tennis, football etc. All of which helps build confidence, leadership and team building. Not all children or people are wired the same and for those who may not excel in sports the ability to explore,express and share there talents is a gift. Thank you and your team for your commitment, understanding and very hard work. You and your team make a difference.” – Jeannie Walton
We LOVE hearing from you. Your feedback and testimonials are so appreciated. Click here to send us your testimonial today Thank you for your support!
Be sure to ‘Like’ us on Facebook and stay connected.