Jazz/Hip-Hop – IH Primary – Spring 2019
- Wednesdays – 3:30-4:15
- Class Dates (12 Weeks) – 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 4/3, 4/10, 4/17
Note: No Class on 3/27
- Performance for family & friends: 4/17 @ 4pm
- Instructor: Allison Evans
- Indian Hill Primary – Multipurpose Room
- Max Enrollment: 15
The forever evolving world of “jazz-funk” and current music make learning Hip-Hop and Jazz styles incredibly dynamic and relevant for dancers. Jazz/Hip Hop is a popular class concept that infuses the funky style of hip-hop with the technical side of jazz. Students will learn the fundamentals of each style such as isolations and flexibility. This class will encourage students to dance outside of the box and bring their own personality to each movement. New skills will be explored and become more challenging throughout the session culminating in a performance for families and friends at the end of the Spring Session. The class is open to any interested student in Grades K-2, even if they didn’t participate in the Fall Session and spaces are limited to 15 students.
- Girls: dance clothes such as leotards, footless tights, dance skirts, etc., t-shirts, leggings, bare feet.
- Boys: sweat pants/shorts, t-shirts, bare feet.
7 in stock