PRIVATE MUSIC LESSON AGREEMENT*
TUITION & FEES*
- Private lessons during the school year are divided into four, eight week sessions; Fall Session I & Fall II and Spring Session I & Spring II.
- When registering online, parents may select to enroll/pay for one session at a time (8 weeks) or for both sessions (16 weeks). To pay for both sessions, select a quantity of 2 in the shopping cart for the desired product. This is highly recommended if you plan on taking lessons for the entire year and to avoid any late fees if registration is not completed on time.
- Tuition for each session should be paid no later than the start of your first scheduled lesson time.
- If tuition is not paid by the end of the second week of each session a $30 late fee will be applied to your account.
- If you wish to pay by check or to set up a special payment arrangement please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are happy to try and accommodate special requests.
- Returned checks and online refunds will be charged a $25 processing fee.
- A non-refundable annual enrollment fee of $25 per household is due at the beginning of each school year.
- Registration reminders will be sent weekly to encourage timely registration. Personalized payment reminders will be sent once lessons have begun and registration is still not complete in order to avoid accruing a late fee.
- Students should plan to commit to lessons for the full school year. If unforeseen circumstances require a student to terminate lessons mid-year, one month’s paid notice is required to end lessons.
- If interested in summer lessons, the summer session will be a flexible session of 8 lessons. Scheduling those lessons over the course of the summer will be at the discretion of teachers and families.
PRIVATE LESSON REGISTRATION*
- Lessons are contracted and scheduled in sets of 8 weeks.
- When signing up for lessons, the minimum number of lessons is a 8 week session.
- There is no drop policy or trial period, however most students choose to take lessons in continuous 8 week sessions.
- The 8 contracted lessons should be completed in a weekly succession, with exceptions made for holidays and school events.
- New registrations for private lessons will continue to be accepted at any time. Mid-session registrations will be pro-rated to reflect the number of lessons left in the session. Please email email@example.com to set up a pro-rated payment.
ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION POLICY*
- Lessons will be scheduled for a day and time that the student will be available every week throughout the eight-week term. Check sports schedules, outside activity schedules, family schedules, etc. before committing to the time.
- Teachers, parents, and students should check their calendars thoroughly and plan each week of the session accordingly. If student must miss and there is a no-school holiday scheduled on the day of a lesson, the teacher and student should plan ahead for an alternate meeting time.
- If a teacher must miss a lesson for any reason, that lesson will be made up at a mutually convenient time and place for both student and teacher.
- Teachers will make their best effort to make up missed lessons by a student, but only if 24 hours notice is given.
- Any student “no-show” will not be made up and the student forfeits the lesson for that week.
- Lessons missed due to snow days will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
- Lessons missed due to school trips, sports practices or contests, rehearsals, outside events, etc. will be made up, as long as the student gives proper notice, which should be at least two weeks in advance to allow ample time to setup alternate dates for lessons and to avoid cancellations close to the date.
- All parties should view the scheduled eight lessons as contracted time and instruction on which the parent, student and teacher can rely to be consistent.
- Families and teachers should have an open line of communication and an ongoing dialogue about progress, goals, scheduling. Please exchange current contact information (cell phone and email).
CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS *
School District Rules and Regulations apply to all CAPA Academy classes. Students should follow the same guidelines as during the school day. Instructors will be able to visit with parents before and after class. CAPA will provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment, and will not tolerate inappropriate behaviors. Students who are disruptive during class or in the halls may be asked to sit in time out, or leave the room. A parent may be required to stay on the premises if behaviors continue, or a child may be pulled from the class with no refunds or make-up classes. All food and drinks must be consumed prior to or after class time. Eating food and drinks in the auditorium space is prohibited. Bottled water or sports bottle is permitted and encouraged. Class attendance is paramount to your child\’s success. Please be sure that your child attends all classes, unless they are contagious or seriously ill. Sometimes, sitting out and watching the choreography can be helpful. Multiple absences may result in a child being pulled out of a number or performance.